- 2 lbs boneless/skinless chicken
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbs salt
- Bottle of Paleo BBQ sauce or homemade Paleo BBQ sauce
- Add all ingredients (except chicken and barbeque sauce) to a pot and bring to a boil. (We’re using the same method that we did for the Paleo Chicken Salad. One of the most important things I learned in the culinary world is that you add flavor to your food during every step. Sure, we could use plain water, but what flavor does that add? Not much!)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. In a heated pan, add oil (olive, coconut, or even bacon fat!) and sear chicken.
- Crockpot method: Place chicken into crockpot and add boiling poaching liquid. Add 1 1/2 cups of barbeque sauce into crockpot Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 1/2 hours.
- Oven method: Place chicken into large baking dish with high sides and add poaching liquid and 1 1/2 cups of barbeque sauce. Cover with foil and bake at 275 for 3-4 hours.
- Once finished, shred chicken and mix in another 1/2 – 1 cup of Paleo BBQ sauce. Serve hot, or let cool and make into a Paleo Barbeque Chicken salad!
(I have not yet attempted to make my own Paleo BBQ sauce, but I will make sure to post a good recipe when I find one that works!)